Your home is supposed to be your sanctuary—especially during this moment when we’re all spending a lot more time indoors. Yet, when you’re suffering from indoor allergies, your time at home can quickly turn into misery.
Whether your symptoms include sneezing, coughing, headaches, eczema, or wheezing—and, for the unfortunate few, all of the above—you likely want to put an end to your suffering ASAP.
And that’s where an allergen assessment from MoldXpertsNY can save the day.
Comprehensive Allergen Assessments
While we do offer broad-spectrum allergen assessments for all of the most common indoor allergens, we recommend you get an allergy test from your doctor first. Our allergen assessment will be much more actionable (and efficient) if we can narrow our scope to the allergens that you and your doctor are most concerned about.
Either way, you can count on MoldXpertsNY to accurately detect and analyze the levels of any known indoor allergen in your home, including:
- Dust mites
- Mold spores
- Insect fragments (like cockroaches)
- Fiberglass fibers
- Skin cells
- Pet dander
How It Works
First, we’ll carefully extract dust samples and collect air samples from your home. Then, we’ll send those samples to our environmental testing lab to be analyzed.
Once we have the results, we’ll be able to find out where in your home those elevated allergen levels are located. With this data, we’ll also be able to make recommendations on how to minimize your indoor allergies and enjoy a healthier home.
Some of those recommendations may include:
- Locate and fix plumbing leaks (when mold is present).
- Hire a mold remediation contractor to eradicate mold.
- Wash bedding and rugs in hot water as frequently as possible (ideally once a week) to remove dust mites and pollen.
- Vacuum rugs and carpet weekly to reduce buildup of dust mites, pet hair, and pollen.
- Have everyone take off their shoes before entering your house to minimize presence of pollen.
- Don’t allow smoking in your home.
- Prevent pests by never leaving food, trash, or dirty dishes out.
- Install an ultra-strength, EPA-certified air filter in your HVAC system.
There are many more allergen-specific measures you can take, so our exact recommendations will be tailored to what we find in our allergen assessment.
Ready to get on the road to recovery? Get an allergy assessment from the environmental testing pros at MoldXpertsNY! Call now to book an appointment.